Friday, September 16, 2016

Book Review- The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay


Very seldom do I have a book I can classify as my "favorite". Of course, Harry Potter will always top the lists, but that is a series as a whole- not just one book.

When I first read The Sea of Tranquility, I knew it was a contender. I know a book is good, and I mean really good, when I re-read it again right after I finish it.

I read this one three times in a row. And it got better each time. I read this book back in February of 2013, and to this day it is the number 1 book I recommend.

It's so good, one of my other favorite authors- Colleen Hoover- subtly references it in one of her books. I thought I was crazy (I won't spoil it, but you'll find it if you look hard enough) at first, having read TSoT just before, but a while later I read an interview with CoHo and she mentioned that TSoT is HER favorite book too. And she said it again at the author signing I went to last month.

This book is THAT good.

So what is The Sea of Tranquility? Its a Young Adult book with themes that span into the adult world. Its a love story that transcends the meaning of love story. Its a real world meets fiction in a way you want to jump right in and live there. It's a "that's so me" type of story. It's part mystery, emotions, love, friendship, finding your true self, and questions about life.

You wont be able to put it down.

Nastya has just transferred to a new school when she goes to live with her aunt. Josh is a loner-- literally. People leave him alone due to his association with death- everyone close to him has died. It's ok, Josh prefers silence. Which is great, because Nastya doesn't speak. Ever. It's not that she can't, but more of she won't-- until she finds the one guy who took everything away from her. Then, she'll have a lot to say.
Nastya and Josh somehow become the odd couple. They're not dating and they hide their friendship from the world, but somehow they fit together like a strange puzzle.

Pick up a copy today. You won't be disappointed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment